Monday, January 16, 2012

IN THE OPEN




IN THE OPEN  

Between ignorance and truth
What is real and fantasy
Lies a world where all is clear
But so very hard to see
I've been here for sometime now
And I still don't know my way
I can't remember how I got here
So I guess I'll have to stay  

But I'll hide out in the open
To be sure you can't be seen
And crawl upon the muddied ground
While yet trying to stay clean
You search for hidden treasure
But don't hope for any wealth
And keep on fighting to defeat the foe
And the enemy's yourself  

Where has all your hopes gone
Away with all your dreams
Sewing up your brother's world
With yours ripping at the seams
Copious illusions Vestiges of pain
You step into the sunlight but the darkness still remains

But I'll hide out in the open
To be sure you can't be seen
And crawl upon the muddied ground
While yet trying to stay clean
You search for hidden treasure
But don't hope for any wealth
And keep on fighting to defeat the foe
And the enemy's yourself

Can you hear my heart cry
It echoes in the air Calling to the darkness
Hey, is anybody there 
Whispered words of silence
Encradled in a dream
You smile to hide your mortal pain
Though so very hard it seems

But I'll hide out in the open
To be sure you can't be seen
And crawl upon the muddied ground
While yet trying to stay clean
You search for hidden treasure
But don't hope for any wealth
And keep on fighting to defeat the foe
And the enemy's yourself....

© Bob Wright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment